Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 9

So, I'm not doing too well with updating this blog on time....sorry.  Oh well, better late than never :)  On Wednesday baby and I hit 9 weeks, which means baby has officially graduated from an embryo to a fetus! From head to bum my little baby is between 1 and 1 1/4 inches long, or about the size of a medium green olive.  This week my baby looks even more human!  He/she has eyelids and almost fully formed ears.  As for the insides, almost everything is in place and the reproductive organs, pancreas and gallbladder are finishing developing this week.

And Baby Bird is not the only one growing this week...my pants are fitting much tighter now and my uterus, which started out slightly smaller than my fist, is a little bit bigger than a grapefruit.  I'm still feeling sick, but with a few more better days thrown in here and there, which is nice :)  And there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  At the end of week 10, next week, my hormones are supposed to finally even out and I'll start feeling better!  Woo hoo!!!  I'm also excited to hit week 13, because Cameron and I are going to start buying some of the bigger baby stuff that we need....we're thinking it's going to be better to spread out the spending and get the expensive essentials out of the way.  The first thing is going to be the crib, and I found a great set that I love! :)  I'll post the links to it so you can all put your two cents in on my decorating skills :)  I love you all and I'm excited to introduce you to my little baby!

crib:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/BSF-Baby-3-pc-Sleigh-4-in-1-Crib-Changing-Table-and-Clothing-Organizer-Set-Cherry/12330428

car seat:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3792562

baby girl bedding:  http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatSectionAndProductView.process?Section_Id=49483

baby boy bedding:  http://www.babyuniverse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3832695

baby rocker:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Newborn-to-Toddler-Portable-Rocker/12338148

diaper bag:  http://www.babyuniverse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2904253

3 comments:

  1. Your baby is actually starting to resemble...A BABY! :) But I have a question: if you go ahead and buy all the baby stuff now, what are people supposed to buy you for gifts????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Erin said. Goofwad, you're supposed to let people BUY your baby stuff for you!!! Play your cards right, you won't even have to buy DIAPERS!!! ;-) Seriously, with Kelsey, I think we bought the crib and a dresser. I don't think I had to buy that child a single outfit until she was about 1. And I'm pretty sure your mom had the same experience with you. The bigger baby items (car seats, high chairs, etc) are what GRANDMA'S, NANA'S, and etc., are for. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm doing, just buying the big stuff first; the crib, the carseat, stuff that absolutely has to be here when baby is. :) and Erin, I know!!! It's exciting!!! Steph lent me this book that has "actual size" pictures and it looks like a mini human! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete