Friday, August 30, 2013

I LOVE THE U OF U! (hospital)

Well, I finally left Central Utah Clinic entirely when the new doctor suggested, about 2 minutes after me telling him that I have Celiac's, that my swelling was due to too much pasta and bread in my diet. REALLY?! Do you really pay so little attention to your patients that you miss that HUGE detail that effects every single system in the body? So, I left, and filed a complaint with the head of the department, who actually got back to me and was pretty appalled at my level of care. I'm glad he knows that his department is horrible, but it doesn't change the fact that I have more answers in the 72 hours I've spent under the care of the doctors at the University of Utah Hospital than I have in 3 months with his doctors.  Oh well, live and learn, right?

Doing a complete 180 from that experience, I had my first appointment with the UofU pulmonology clinic on Wednesday, and they not only spent over an hour evaluating me and getting every single piece of history they could think of, but they ordered blood work, another Pulmonary Function Test, a walking O2 test, a CT of my chest, and scheduled a bronchoscopy for today! With all of that, we've ruled out all the scary stuff! Yay! There are no blood clots in my lungs, no tumors or masses obstructing my airway, and the bronchoscopy showed that I have a piece of tissue that's falling down over my voice box and obstructing my airway, and probably some apnea that's just exacerbating the situation. It's not something Dr. Hatton is familiar with, or specializes in, but he is consulting an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist, going over all my scans and scope, and coming up with a treatment plan, that will probably be finalized next week! The end of this mess is in sight! Yes, I'll probably have to get that little, annoying piece of skin taken out of my throat, but it's a solution! I'll be feeling better! I cannot accurately describe the level of relief I have, and the complete trust I have, not only in the doctors at the U, but in the entire staff. My experience up there has been wonderful.

Lastly, I need to thank my Nana for being my support and advocate through all of this. She really has been my angel throughout this process, and held my hand through many tests, including the nerve-wracking prep for my procedure today. She's dropped everything to make sure I have the best care available, and I am forever grateful to her for her selfless love that she shows to me time and time again. We were talking about how our Heavenly Father places earthly and heavenly angels in our path to help us in times of need, and I am so sure that she is one of those angels that our Father relies on to help take care of his children, because she shows this level of love not only to her family, but to every person who is lucky enough to know her. So, THANK YOU NANA! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment