So... this is Cameron's first posting on the blog. I'll give you one guess as to whose idea this was. For some strange reason (there are a lot of those these days), Kay wants to hear the masculine side of the story, which is never a good one. Although it seems like there isn't really a good side to the pregnancy until it's over. It's kind of like watching Napoleon Dynamite... it's not funny until after the fact. Don't get me wrong, we're both excited, but definitely wishing the pregnancy lasted 9 weeks instead of 9 months.
Luckily, we spent the first month of the pregnancy without knowing it, which leaves two months of the first trimester. One of those months is almost over, which means that Kay is about halfway through the night and the promise of the dawn that is the second trimester is looming ever nearer. Kay continues to experience never-ending fatigue, and new this week is extreme dizziness. We're hoping it's a side-effect of some new medication, and not a normality for her pregnancies, because Kay has threatened that this might be the only one if that's the case.
As Kay continues to deal with the increasingly numerous and strengthening symptoms, I continue to be increasingly confused and baffled. Without feeling the direct effects of the pregnancy myself, I often find myself wondering how a baked potato at Outback Steakhouse (just the potato mind you, not the toppings) can taste so much better than a homemade baked potato that it's actually worth going out for, or how fatigue can come back with such a vengeance that by the time Kay voices her ideas, she's already changed her mind about doing them.
So Kay says that this week the baby is about the size of a blueberry... or about half of a raspberry. I don't like blueberries. Apparently it's almost looking human. New brain cells are being generated at a rate of 100 cells per minute, which is more than I can say for some of us *cough* Ryan *cough*. He/she is developing eyes, nose, kidneys, lungs, pancreas, the appendix, and don't forget... part of the intestines (because I know you were wanting to know about that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment