Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 5

Alrighty, now my little one is right at that orange seed size and looks like a little tadpole, tail and all.  This week has been all about processing this amazing news and learning as much about what's going on with my body and with the baby's as possible.  The baby's heart if forming this week and so is it's "neural tube", the structure that will eventually be it's brain and spinal cord.

In the meantime, momma is still extremely tired and thirsty, trying to get as much sleep and rest as possible.  The food cravings have started to set in, but not at all like what I expected.  Instead of ice cream and sweets, I'm craving meat.  Red meat.  And corn-dogs, which happen to be made from beef....Sunday was the worst.  I was really craving corn-dogs or steak and I didn't have any of it in the house, and I got so upset I almost started crying!  Cameron took it like a true man and just laughed at me.  Smells have also started being not so nice, and the only time I really feel queasy is when something smells gross/strong/weird.

So, I'm looking for some feedback on names.  I have them pretty much picked, but I'm always open to suggestions.  If it's a girl, I love the name Eliza (Ellie for short) and if it's a boy I love the name Andrew (strong name, and my dad's middle name).  Let me know what you think about the names for our little baby!  I love you all and can't wait for you all to fall in love with him/her like I have!

2 comments:

  1. I meant to comment the first time I read this...I like the names :) Ellie Bird sounds so stinkin' cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. right!? i like it a lot, yet another reason I want it to be a girl :)

    ReplyDelete