This week has definitely been the craziest one of my life! I only found out I was pregnant on Monday, and went to have the doctor confirm it on Wednesday! I had a very hard time believing it and kept asking Cam if I should take another pregnancy test. Once I got back from the doctor's office Cam wanted to start telling EVERYONE, and I was pretty excited myself. I was reassured at the doctor's that everything was going well so far, so we were able to gush our news everywhere, I even felt like telling random strangers, but I've been able to reel that instinct in pretty well. :)
Right now our little one looks like a miniature alien/dinosaur/tadpole (inspiring nicknames like "Smalls" and "Littlefoot") and is just under the size of an orange seed, but for something so small, he/she is sure doing a number on mom-to-be! Luckily I'm not feeling sick (yet, keeping the fingers VERY tightly crossed on that one), just extremely tired and thirsty all the time, and as a result of that nagging thirst and those wonderful hormones, my most frequented room has become the bathroom....fun.
So I probably won't post pictures until it's pretty obvious that I'm showing, but I really just want all of our loved ones who are away from us to be included in this incredibly exciting time of our lives. My heart is just so full of love for this new life inside me, and I can't wait to meet my little baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im so glad you started a blog! I really hope you dont get sick its no fun. If you havent yet you should go to parents.com and sign up for their weekly updates about whats going on with the baby and you will continue getting them after the baby is born. Its a great website
ReplyDeleteLOL--I don't mean to alarm you, Kay...but I think your baby is a manatee. At least, that's what the picture looks like on your 'baby ticker'...
ReplyDeleteDo you have the books "what to expect when you are expecting" and "Baby week by week"? If not I got both of the that you can borrow. I like the week by week one more because it has alot more information in it
ReplyDeleteI have the what to expect when you're expecting, not the week by week one, I'd love to borrow it though. Maybe I could get it from you at Tyson's b-day party? :)
ReplyDeleteand Erin, it's been called worse. I think the funniest was a mini t-Rex because of all the meat cravings.