Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 16

Yeah... so it's been a while since we updated this thing. Kay finally started feeling a lot better a week or two ago, and then got so nauseous that we had to take her to the hospital and get her an IV because she had been throwing up literally all day. Even when there was nothing left, she just kept on going... usually you hear that in a better context. Of course it happened right when Kay was feeling much better and was optimistic about the rest of the pregnancy. So yeah, our baby's already got a pretty twisted sense of humor.

Now for the good stuff. The baby's getting fuzzy hair, growing fingernails and toenails, and finally has longer legs than arms... fun. So last week when it had fuzzy hair... and longer arms than legs... we were worried that we were having a gorilla. That fear is now eradicated and we can sleep soundly tonight... maybe. Apparently Kay's supposed to start snoring sometime soon. The baby's been moving quite a bit, and Kay gets pretty excited when she feels it. Baby's about 5 inches long, and only weighs 4 or 5 ounces. The website compares it to an avocado. That's a pretty big avocado. Now I'm picturing a baby with the proportions of an avocado... great. Maybe we should find a different website.

We're hoping that Kay continues feeling better and that the baby doesn't strike back with a vengeance. It won't be too long before we know if it's a he, or a she... at this point I'm leaning towards she, because she's fighting dirty.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Kay had to go and get an iv--I had to do that several times with Kelsey, and it's not fun at all!

    Hey, post some pics of Kay--those of us in the hinterlands who won't see her preggers would like to see her baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Im sure that they will post pics of her when there is actually something to show. She is still tall and skinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, thanks steph! I'm feeling huge, and I'll post some pics soon :)

    ReplyDelete